Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A smile a day

i went for my tanning session yesterday, n i'm like a lobster (yes, again) nw. dun tap on my shoulders when u c me in the streets.
something to ponder on though. it was unusually crowded yesterday, so i hav to wait for my turn to use the machine (in case u still cant visualise, it is the machine featured in "final destination 3". n no, i wun end up like them, so stop frowning). after my the session, i went for a shower. n since the shower rom is empty, i took my own sweet time to clean myself up.
after my shower, as i was preparing to leave, an ang mo lady came in. apparently, she waited for me to come out la (cos there r oni one shower rm in the whole damn shop). i felt so pai seh. as i was abt to apologise, she smiled at me n asked "so how's everything?"
i was dumb. hahaha. besides that she is quite chio (what else), she was v friendly. it took me 5 secs to answer her "oh, good." n she smiled again n say "cool! c u!"
wow
it reminded me of another incident i've encountered a few yrs ago at the swisshotel (then westin). i was staying on the 58th floor dat time (i think la), so it will take a a fair bit of time in the lift to reach. so i was in the lift w an ang mo uncle. i got so bored that i started to tap my feet. the ang mo saw, n smiled. then he said "quite a long journey up isn't it?"
again, i was dumb la.
he proceeded "i'm from UK. r u local?" i smiled n said yes. then he proceeded w some complains on the weather (wats new). he kept toking until he reached his floor.
he was staying on the same level as me.
as we headed for diff directions, he cheerfully said "alrite, c u around! nice tokin to u!"
wow
i oni said a "yes". nothing else. v nice meh.
hahaha
however, i cant deny dat i feel pretty cheerful for the rest of the day. was it bcos of the friendliness (how to spell?)?
eh, y singaporeans dun do dat ah? we dun even smile to each other.
we dun even chat w the neighbour whom stayed in the corner for the past 10 yrs.
y r we so cold.
hmmmm
perhaps we r too focused on our own life, that we forgot others around us.
so, smile at someone today!!! make their day a happy one (wout them thinking that u r a moron la.smile at the rite person la). u will nv noe hw much it will mean to them.
i sound like a IMF rep.
hahahaha
4 million smiles.
mission impossible. mad.

No comments: