Monday, March 12, 2007

My we(a)kend

as all of u noe, i had a chronic sore throat condition lately.
it is nt getting any better.
in fact, it became worse after i went to the doc (again, for countless times) on wednesday.
wtf.
the pain was so bad that i hav problems sleeping at nite.
n here comes the trigger which worsen the problem.

my staff called me at 5am (juz when i was abt to fall asleep) on sat. apparently, there was a power failure at the cookhouse.
ok. i'm nt an electrician. so i called my maintenance guy. he told me he's nt on shift that day, nt his biz.
i tried to page for the other guy. no reply.
fine.
i washed up myself n went straight down to camp.
reached at 6am.
after i tried to meddle with the switches n circuits, i realised that it was the main power from the camp that tripped.
so i called the officer in charged.
no reply too.
i tried to get them.
finally, both replied me at 7 plus after i've called like 100 times (ok la, nt so many times, but really ALOT la).
both told me they will reach at 8 plus.
i waited until 9.45am.
still nobody came.
juz when i was falling asleep in my office, they both came.
10.15am.
knn.
after much investigation, it was the heating element from the food warmer which causes the problem.
fine. change it. test it. everything was ok.
then, i gana mob. ok la, for around 200 pax oni.
so i went home after calling my staff on leave to come back to help.
i reached hm at 12 plus.
that was when i realised that i'm having a fever, n serious body aches.
i cant move an inch.
god.
it was so serious that i hav to boycott my poly mates' bday celebration (sorry darlings).
but heng i nv go.
i heard dat they spent a whopping $600 plus for dinner alone. after which they went to clarke quay for a big round of booze.
all added up to nearly 1000 bucks.
crazy bitches. order order order, nv c the price.
but well, heard dat they had a good time, so, still consider worth la.

anyway, back to my story.
erm, no story la.
i juz ate medicine, slept, woke up, ate medicine again, slept again.......
for the whole of sat evening and sunday (ok, i confess. i was playing on PS2 from 6pm until 10pm, until i forgot y dinner totally. dun kaobeh la, 4hrs oni lor.).
n i'm back to work again now.
hard to believe?
believe it.

No comments: