Friday, May 25, 2007

会有那么一天

juz heard a song on the radio. the song by JJ.
reminded me of someone.
tears in my eyes now.
i missed my ah mah.
me, being the eldest grandchild of hers, she used to dote on me.
i will always remember those trishaw trips w her, hw she brought be around to tekka mkt to buy stuff, hw we went around for good food.
yes, i'm such a food guru nw bcos of my ah mah.
she tot me hw to eat well n enjoy life.
hw i missed her.
i still owe her a bowl of wanton mee. i promised to get it for her b4 she fell really ill.
sorry ah mah.

both my grandparents were from china. they came to spore after the war (i think).
my ye ye (grandpa) was a veg seller then.
n he noticed this lady everytime he went to the veg supplier to gt some stock. she was alone, collecting big baskets of veg. n he tot "wow, this lady is something". ltr he found out that the lady was the adopted daughter of an auntie whom sold veg nearby.
there came one day, when the basket was too heavy for the lady to carry.
my ye ye went to her, n told her "let me help u". the lady smiled n nodded.
this is hw my grandparents know each other. :)
initially, my great grandparents objected to the idea of my ye ye seeing my ah mah, due to the fact that my ye ye was a teochew, my ah mah was a cantonese.
u noe la, those olden times.
but my ye ye persisted. after much persuation, my great grandparents gave in n my ye ye finally gt to marry his dream girl.
they were still v much in love even after so many years.
i can still rem hw my ah mah used to pull my ye ye's ears when he accused her of spending his hard earned money on expensive food.
i will always laugh when i saw it. (i was like 5yrs old then)

many years past, n they gt ill.
in order to take care of both of them, we have to separate them. my family took care of my ah mah initially.
i still rem that she loved to hear our encouragements when she can stand up by herself.
it was then i promised to buy wanton mee for her.
then she went to my 2nd aunt's place cos her hse is bigger. n no, i didnt buy wanton mee for her.
after that, my ye ye gt a stroke, n moved into our hse.
few yrs passed.
my ye ye was moved to a home as he needed more medical attention, which we cant provide in our hse.
he passed away a few yrs ltr.
b4 he go, he wanted my uncle (a pastor) to help him gt baptize.
t was a weird request as my grandpa was a devoted buddist then.
my dad told me that my ye ye said smth to my uncle b4 he gt baptized.
"please ask God to save my wife" he said.

during the last day of my ye ye's funneral wake, my aunts decided to tell my ah mah the news, bringing her to the wake to c my ye ye for the last time.
i will nv nv nv, in my life, forget watever i saw that day.
NEVER.
apparently, my ah mah was quite smart (although she had dementia). i saw her looking at the ground once she reached the wake site. i think she noes.
she refused to open her eyes when we carried her (she cant walk then, was on the wheelchair) to take a last look at my ye ye. tears flowed down her closed eyes.
then my mum whispered to her smth.
she opened her eyes. took a last look, n turned away.
her eyes remained closed as we wheeled her away towards the ambulance (to bring her back to the hospital).
i cant do anything after that.
ah mah is so devastated. n i can feel it.
i asked my mum, what she said to her.
"if u dun open ur eyes nw, u will nv c him again" she told my ah mah.

my ah mah passed away a few weeks ltr.
i think she's too upset abt it.
my ye ye told her b4, that if he pass on b4 her, he will come bk n take her w him, cos he knew that my ah mah cant live wout him, n he will b worried for her.

they r rite there in heaven now, having each other's company, enjoying time together. wout all the pain n agony caused by the stupid illness.
bcos of them, i sincerly believe that there r still true love in this world.
ah mah, ye ye, thank u for doting on us when u were here.
i really missed u so much.

林俊杰-<<会有那么一天>>

一九四三世界大战
阿嬷年轻的时候
爷爷爱他那么多
他们感情很深
但是爷爷身负重任
就在离乡的那夜
给了阿嬷一个吻
轻声说到
我要离去别再哭泣
不要伤心请你相信我
要等待我的爱陪你永不离开
因为会有那么一天
我们牵著手在草原
听鸟儿歌唱的声音
听我说声我爱你

夕阳西下鸟儿回家
阿嬷躺在病床上
呼吸有一点散漫
眼神却很温柔
看著爷爷湿透的眼
握著他粗糙的手
阿嬷的泪水开始流轻声说道
我要离去别再哭泣
不要伤心请你相信我
要等待我的爱陪你永不离开
因为会有那么一天
我们牵著手在草原
听鸟儿歌唱的声音
听我说声我爱你

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.