Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Ember + My God Son's One Month Celebration

changing for the better?
i really hope so.
to motivate the lost sheeps of biopolis,the research head decided to throw a lantern/mooncake festival (watever u wan to call it) on thurs.

 baby trying to kidnap someone's kid.

 super nice food w super nice mooncake. bee hoon from my fav veg stall....yumz!
 kidnap succeeded. boy dun dare to open his eyes to c his abductor.
  we hav been procarstinating THE lunch for a long long time. finally, we took halfday off on fri n had an awesome awesome lunch.
 warm crispy n fluffy sun dreid tomato foccacia. so nice that we had 2 servings of this.
 super-unbelievable-y-so-tasty foie gras. clot arteries? nvm. this is absolutely divine. slight crisp on the outside, melt in your mouth goodness of the liver. the slight sweetness from the sauce brings out the rich n natural sweetness of the foie gras. the fragrance from the shitake mushroom pushes the dish to another level whereby the taste of this dish still lingered in my mouth after i've swallowed the foie gras. amazing. who would hav tot of this combination? fantastic.
 baby's scallop wrapped in prosciutto. this pix doesnt do the dish justice. this dish is v good too! crispy ham w sweet plump scallops. the special sauce on the salad gave this dish a bit of kick. v tasty.
 y the food here so good???? (ps: note the lady behind me. quite chio. n baby didnt tell me abt it until i saw this pix. bo jio.....)
 baby: good until i wan to cry
 drama-mama is at it again
my main course. roast pork w baked apple n 3 sauces. look at hw they serve the apple sauce. yes, in the test tube on the left.
 me: what, i work i n the lab everyday nt enuff is it? still ask me to use test tube during lunch?????
 i tell u, this is the crispest pork skin (roasted like this) i've ever tasted. the yummy sweet, tender, juicy, slightly fatty pork, with this crackling, my oh my, super heavenly. it goes best w the mustard sauce. the apple sauce is too sweet, n the bbq sauce made me think of the chinese roast suckling pig. the cabbage below are fried w bacon, so, its sweet n smoky in flavor. v v nice! 
 although i am a pork person, baby's main course really beat mine hands down. this is by far, the best prepared fish i've tasted. chillean sea bass w shitake mushrooms n yuzu sauce. trust me, this made us go into a trans state. the rich sauce go so well w the sweet n tender fish, mushroom fragrance w the crispy fried bacon.....umami goodness.so good. u hav to come try this urself. no words can describe. best course of the meal.
 baby's coconut panna cotta w gula melaka. flavors r awesome, but i felt that the panna cotta was too soft. baby liked it though. so, its subjective.
 my awesome pear tart w bailey's ice cream. my love. this is wonderful. the tart skin is thin n crispy, buttery, matches w the slighty sweet pear. the crumbling was awesome. yumz.
 everything oso muz take photo.
 inspired by the fish dish, i've prepared my version of fish w olives n tomato over the weekend. look nt bad hor.....taste good too! :p
 it was my god son's one month celebration last nite. baby taking pix w the v cute balloon.
 *wink wink*
 baby nic is hungry......so cute hor.....erm, but y no hair???? hmmmm.
 i think giz changed her mind abt me. she was v friendly w me last nite. to hell w the stupid bit** who asked me to go away from her that time she cried during R's wedding. fu** u.
 c, she posed for me. so cute hor. she is v smart leh. learn v fast. smart girl.
 super sweet cupcakes.
 look at the kids (young n old).  all ready to prance at the cakes.
 look at nat. si beh giat.
 the dad v busy.

my god son so small. nv eat enuff. eh daddy, stop tip toe-ing.

No comments: