Thursday, November 15, 2012

Valentino Revisit - Still the BEST!!!!

hw many times have u heard from someone that the quality/taste of food for a particular stall/restaurant had deteriorated after the stall/restaurant relocates?
always.
but i bet nt many times in your life u've heard ppl say "hey, the food at the new place is better than before!".
well, i am going to say that nw.
valentino rocks!!!!
big time yo.
4 mths after they moved to the new location, baby n i finally checked the place out.
n boy oh boy. wat an experience.

 nw v chi chi liao. got garden somemore.
 italians love their family. name card oso muz print family pix.

 me: i wan to eat this, n this , n that n this, n......
baby: shhhhh......the whole restaurant noes wat u wan to eat liao.....
me: sorry lor.....excited ma......


 ahh....the usual warm bread w the awesome pesto sauce. still as good!
my fav bellini.
 buffalo mozzarella cheese wrapped in parma ham n pan fried. crispy n salty ham on the outside, oozy milky cheese inside. hw good can it get?
 squid ink linguine w seafood and tomato sauce. this dish is like the burst of sea in ur mouth. the slightly salty squid ink makes the linguine tasty by itself. nt to mention the fresh seafood which brings the dish to another level of seafood-y goodness. but what impressed me was the sauce. i bet it has been cooked w all those seafood n shells of the seafood. it was savory, yet the sweetness from the seafood creeps up slowly as u coat ur palate w the sauce. the little touch of cream helps to make the sauce smooth, coats ur tongue, releases the umami of the tomato into the whole of ur mouth. n the taste linger. n linger. super nice.


  this dish is so awesome that i cant stop taking pictures. u can smell this dish from far. n when it sits on the table, the fragrance is really mesmerizing. pork chop marinated in moscato wine for 48 hrs, then grilled to perfection (all meat juices sealed in), served w potatoes. the meat is so tender n juicy. n the fragrance. OH. MY. GOD. the meat is like slighty perfumed w the wine. yet u can taste the meat flavor from the pork. slightly sweet yet meaty.the meat is slightly crispy outside n the "grill" taste actually "seals up" the meat. n w some lemon juice, it cuts the so called "fatty" feel (meat is nt fat. in fact it is quite lean). esp the parts near the bone. wah lau eh, damn delicious la.
this is one of the BEST dish i've ever had in valentino. 
 look at the juicy pork!!!

 we've always complained that the desserts r nt fantastic here. but well, they've improved! they hav wide selections of desserts nw. this is the semifreddo. decent.
 my affogato w vanila gelato. nice. n they hav wine paring w the dessert. so i've asked for one.

 when this thing was served to me, i was staring at it for a good 1 min. i can even smell it from where i was sitting. this is the grappa. a fragrant grape based pomace brandy. alcohol level 35-60%.
 b4 i drink.
 still can act cool.
 1st sip nearly killed me. my throat went burning immediately.
 but i find it quite nice!

 its good. really. its like the perfume of grape. hicc!

 me: eh, y u keep taking my photo ah!!!! *hicc*
 me: eh, no take me photo ah......
 me: shit man, still hav so much.
 my god.
 me: lim ah lim ah. dah!
 me: i am nt drunk ok....( starts to think the glass is a phone receiver) hello hello?????
 baby: xiao liao xiao liao. i am nt going to send u home ah
me: *hicc* eh, y u so like dat?
 baby: amitabha....i is bery nice one....however, alcoholics r nt welcome in my pure world. go hm urself.
me: i plan to puke on u. si char bor.


 me: eh, fu** la. dun wan send me home still take my pix???
me: hmph, i call cab myself *hicc*

they have really moved up to another new level!
food was awesome. alma n valentino himself definitely spoilt us by giving us nothing but their best.
service was great (except the fact that they took quite awhile to process our reservation for our next visit....oppps!). ambience was great, nt to mention the handsome italian waiter whom kept toking to us in italian. candy to the eyes.
SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!

PS: did i mention that i was singing when i was eating? :)

No comments: