Friday, October 16, 2015

My unfortunate (or fortunate?) plight + my BKK birthday

it has been awhile since my last post.
lucky or not, i've been retrenched from my job of 8 yrs at on 30th aug.
so much went thru my mind over the mth, i struggled to find a job, struggled w my egoistic mind, struggled w my anxiety and depression.
i hid at hm, not wanting to meet ppl, not ready to tok to frens, not ready to do anything.
baby n my family went thru hell w me, trying to console me subtly, making me feel better......

well, its a challenge, but i've tot thru, and i am happy to say that i've overcame the fear and horror.
i got a new job, and clearer on wat i wan for my future.
thank u for all the help and understanding over this difficult period.
i definitely noe now who are the humans and who are the ghosts.

anyway, life goes on.
and i am glad i didnt sink into self doubt and self pity.
still mu enjoy makan.
hahaha.

 we've decided to take a break from all the crazy stuff by escaping to batam!
 she always complain abt my posts on her fugly pix. nice wat.
hello batam, we r coming! 
 selfie w camera. old sch way.

 baby: eat smth b4 walking around
 baby vs kopi suss
 nasi goreng! yumz!
 room is clean and big!

 we bought food back to nua in the hotel after our massage.
 grilled fish, pork/crocodile/mutton satays and a "egg cake" for dinner. it was damn tasty! the diff sauces tasted sedap!!!! awesome stuff.
 cake! w cheese and condense milk.
 cheap and good makan. we've enjoyed it tremendously. we will b back!

Thailand (for my birthday)

Day 1 (10th Oct)

 baby waiting patiently for our flight. we took mrt to the airport leh......

 狰狞的眼神 
 we went TL for our fav WTM for dinner! very happy!

 baby chased down this uncle to buy this banana pancake. super moist and tasty!!!!! love love love!
 i've insisted on buying the grilled seafood from the cart inTL. still as yummy as ever.


 娘娘恩赐。泡面+啤酒=爽歪歪!

Day 2 (11th Oct)
 my pork trotter rice!!!!! i have been craving for it for a long long time! we've missed it last time we've came to OTK.
 baby was happy that we r finally here!
 y so happy?
 yummy red ruby!

 my fav pig trotter shop. pls ignore the nt so glam baby.


 happy to shop! 
 "stop taking my pix! i didnt buy a lot!"
 i bought tons of pig rind. abt 1kg......hehehe.
 went paragon for lunch. this time the food is really so so. sigh.

 disappointed w this cheese soufflé. its like a salty meringue. sigh.
 its HUGE!!!!
 bought this for baby while shopping at siam centre.
 thai style chix rice. wanted to eat smth b4 going to the nite mkt. i still prefer our version of chix rice.
 the nite mkt was crowded!!!! many youngsters and food! we will b here for dinner nxt time.
 搞笑行动


 baby's fav toast w kaya
 v tired after shopping

Day 3 (12th Oct)
 “我真的不懂为什么你要叫那么多碗?” 
 cos i wan to hae 2 bowls ma......my fav porridge stall!!!! yumz.
 too full to have this. nxt time i promise.
 "everytine buy so much then cannot finish....."
 grapes. yes, these are grapes.
 caught in action for instagraming



 food is cheap n good. baby love the curry crab. and this is the beginning of the nitemare. baby got a diarrhoea after this meal for the nxt 2 days. sorry, my bad. i chose the dishes. 
 “你觉得一句对不起能解决一切吗????”
 we took mrt n tuktuk to this store for early dinner. 

 auntie is 70 yrs old. she did the cooking all by herself. look at her goggle. very well equipped.
 we ordered the crab(erm, ya, again) omelette

 it shd b called the crab cake/roll. look at the amt of crab meat in the roll. crazy.

 the famous drunkard noodles. this is really awesome. the wok hei is unbelievable. i hav this thing abt food cooked w charcoal. amazing.

 the famous pad thai store was not opened!!!!! end up buying from the stall beside.
 tuktuk ride back to hotel.
 pad thai. too sweet for me.

Day 4 (13th Oct)
 since its my bday, baby gave in to my request for porridge bfast! thank u love. muackz.
charcoal cooked porridge + coffee = comfort food
 7-11 in our hotel! hw nt to buy?
 baby's toastie dream dashed. the shop ceased operation.

 high class steamboat for lunch. not bad since its near our hotel.

 posing w veg vase. we had the original soup and mongolian soup. v special and tasty.
 v nice steamboat! we will b back again.
 dinner at TJY was my ultimate bday wish.


 love this sea cucumber fried w basil. look at the sea cucumber! its a sea cucumber steak lor.
 ta dah!!!! my bday wish! no need bday cake. roast pig can liao!
 look at the glistering crispy pork skin!!!!!!
 love my pig!
 pose non stop
 i love u

 cant stop taking pix of this beauty. thank u baby for the meal (n she kept running to the toilet! poor baby)
 i still got a thai tea crepe cake. thank u my love.

 where's my bday song?
 "happy birthday to u....."
 kena attack!
 my bday present!


 baby made 3 hankies for me!  all handmade and hand stitched!!!! hw she did it, i dunno.
 bob + jim
 moomin
 gudetama

thank u baby. i love the presents. thank u for the effort n for arranging all these. love u. 


Day 5 (14th Oct)
 went greyhound for early lunch. baby not feeling well.


this vegetarian beehoon is really good! we were lucky to meet the 九王爷诞辰,whereby many ppl turned vegetarian for 1 week-1mth. to cater to this need, the restaurants and food stalls offer vegetarian dishes to customers. i muz say its really a good experience! the veg food were delicious!!!! so good! hope to b here for this festival nxt time!

i had a good trip. it was enjoyable.
juz pai seh dat baby suffered bcos of me.
sorry my dear. and thank u for everything, ur support and love. 
thank you my love.

No comments: